
Children really are amazing, the things they come up with are truly astounding. Here are some of Mary Kathryn's latest.
On the way to school yesterday she says, "Mommy, is God a boy or a girl." I said a boy. She said, "Why is he a boy." Being that is was 8:30 in the morning and she is not quite 3 I thought I would take the easy road and said I don't know, honey. Then she asked who made God. I said God made God. She asked "why did God make himself?". Again, I said I don't know. Then she asks, Why didn't people make God? I said well because God is in charge. She chimes in with, "no, mommy grown-ups are in charge" (hmmm where has she heard that one?). I said "No honey, God is in charge of the grown-ups." Whew, that wore me out. I am going to have to start having her contact her godparents for these types of discussions!
Today, her creative juices were really flowing. For about 30 minutes, she was walking around with a blue basket on her head refering to herself as "the baker". I have no idea where she got this from. But I would say "Mary Kathryn hand me that burp cloth please" to which she would respond, "I am not Mary Kathryn, I am the Baker". If I said "Baker, will you . . ." the reply was, "I would be happy to." She kept refering to herself as the Baker in the third person and narrating her actions for example she would say "the Baker heard a loud noise and asked what was that". I have to ask is this normal? She also pretended to be a "dish monster" and a frog in a cage for sometime all before lunch. Not mention the 20 some odd imaginary friends she is constantly bossing around, oh I mean, playing with. They all have names and she refers to them as "my friends".
Oh well, that's my girl!?


1 comment:
That girl cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment