
Here is what happens when I try to plan ahead and be organized. Gregg has class tonight so I have nightly duties with the girls alone. Not a problem. I feed MK and then get ready to take her up for a bath. But I know that once I get involved with bathing and putting to bed I will forget to put our dinner in the oven. So I use the handy delay, cook and hold feature of our oven. I get it all set without having to pull out the manual - I am a genius! So bath is done and time for a bottle for Anne. So we all come downstairs. Hmmm, something smells funny. Oh, the oven has just cut on, boy am I proud of myself. But wait smoke and yes, flames. I calmly put Anne down and am careful not to arouse the attention of the inquisitive one. And there are indeed flames coming out of the oven. Turn off the oven and begin to toy with the idea of learning how to use the fire extinguisher. No, no just wait the flames will die down. Ahhh, everything is okay again, except that I managed to ruin an idiot proof dinner, hmmm what does that make me? Hungry, yes.
And as a side note. While I was feeding Anne, I told her that blowing rasberries while I was trying to feed her was a no, no. Mary Kathryn quickly explained, "Babies can't understand us, mommy". Boy, where would I be without her?


5 comments:
Too funy!! Even the best laid plans.... Just take comfort in knowing you are not the only one!
Yes, I did the same thing, but I caught it before it got to the flame stage. They really should tell you to cover it with something OTHER than the cover provided!!
That's a bummer... the stuffed shells were really good too--However, I am still impressed with your domestic goddesshood.
Ahhhhh yes, the same thing happened to us but we caught it before the flame stage as well. You are a domestic goddess though.....
Yikes - I took mine off because I thought I had put it on the wrong side for cooking. Lucky me, I suppose. Just unlucky you that night, because you truly are a master in the kicthen!!
Post a Comment