Friday, November 30, 2007

Rainy Days and Birthdays

It poured rain on Mary Kathryn's 4th Birthday, and her party was planned for James Island County Park. The weather called for rain all week so we decided to just go ahead with it. Fortunately near the playground at the park is a screened porch picnic area and that is where we set up the princess party. Setting up was a mess. It started to dump rain as I was in the middle of hauling everything from the car and there was thunder and lightening. I think that it must have struck in the park it was so loud. Pour Anne was terrified and as I was busy setting up she was left with Oma to comfort her and pour Oma is not too fond of storms herself! But so many of Mary Kathryn's wonderful friends braved the weather and came out anyway. And Mary Kathryn's mom was happy to look like a drowned rat to see her smile. The birthday girl was very happy and that is what counts! I didn't have many pictures because it was a little chaotic but we had pumpkin decorating, lunch, cake and ice cream, a princess pinata and bubbles.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: