Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Double A
So, you would think by now I wouldn't be surprised by the things that my older child says. But she still gets me sometimes. Last night, I was trying to clean up the kitchen to get the girls upstairs for their bath (Gregg had class). Well Mary Kathryn comes in and is going through a drawer looking for something. She pulls out a flashlight toy that she used to play with a lot. She starts asking if we can fix it and use it. I am trying to finish what I am doing so I try to just put her off by saying no we need to let Daddy do it. "But Mommy, girls can fix things too; you are a good fixer". Clearly they have been studying Title 9 at Little School. I assured her that yes Girls could do anything that boys could. Then she was asking if we could change the batteries. Again I was just trying to finish the dishes and said, I don't know what kind of batteries that it needs and I think Daddy said it needed a new bulb too or something. Well before I finish that sentence she has unscrewed the top and takes out the old batteries and says, "these are double A aren't they, mom". Of course she was right. At this point I had to stop what I was doing and go and get some new batteries to try in the flashlight. She doesn't let things go, she has a answer for everything and she is not quite 4. But I was somewhat vindicated to discover that I had remembered correctly and there was something else wrong with the toy. But boy was her Daddy proud when I told him the story about his little girl correctly identifying the type of battery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow! You can't get anything past her! What a smart girl.
Smarty pants! You are really going to have to think quick when she is a teenager...
Post a Comment